Wednesday, August 7, 2013

On Starting a Blog

Why start a blog? The simple answer is that I love to write, probably too much for my own good, and I find myself coming up with things to write about almost constantly. I have plenty to say, and some people have even mentioned that they might be interested in things I have to say.

Hey, I may as well put things in a place where people will read them.

So, what can you expect? Most of my thoughts fall into three broad categories:
  • Writing. It's only natural, after all, that someone who loves to write might love to write about writing. At times, I may have things to say about writing techniques; at other times, I may have commentary on the joys and challenges of being a writer. You'll find those thoughts right here.
  • Sports. When I say "sports," I mostly mean 'baseball,' though it's at least theoretically possible that I'll branch out and write about something else sooner or later. Expect to hear a bit about the Red Sox and much more about the random musings of my amateur statistician/historian's mind over at my baseball blog, 90 Percent Mental.
  • Theology: The Bible, explained! There's a lot of wisdom to be had there, and while I'm not quite an expert, I'm happy to share whatever insight I can muster at In Step.
From time to time, I may write about something else that's important to me: marriage, say, or fatherhood. Or possibly food. We'll see.

In the meantime, happy reading!

1 comment: